They have fire in the belly and the courage to go after their dreams and fight hard to achieve them. Yet a good number of the entrepreneurs I come across, the ones whose businesses are in the initial stages, are a shy lot! They believe that they can start and grow their ventures successfully without ever taking the front seat and becoming the face of their brand.
Most of these entrepreneurs are not on any social media platform. Their main reason? They equate getting on social media to removing the main door and letting everyone invade their privacy. Some statistics offer however that 2/3 of small businesses are not on social media because they don’t realise all the benefits it has to offer.
Truth is, you the entrepreneur, as the dreamer, the originator, the ideator of your business, are its first and most important component. It’s your vision, your energy and drive that shape your business and inform its culture. You cannot disconnect yourself from your venture, especially when you are starting out. People don’t buy a product or service; they buy into YOU, the person behind what they are looking for.
If people on social media look like extraterrestrials to you, I would like to invite you to discover the planet on which they live.
On Friday 10 February I will be holding a training on how to use Facebook for maximum benefits and profits.
This training is for you if:
- You would like to have a Facebook account but don’t know how to go about it
- You have a Facebook account but have never or barely used it
- You have opened a Facebook account under a pseudonym just to operate a business page
- You want to get a clearer understanding of Facebook
By the end of the training you will have
- opened your own Facebook account if you don’t have any
- designed a winning profile
- invited your first friends and followed some others
- published your first post
- learned how to use Facebook groups and
- how to create a page for a business.
The training will take place at Savellberg Centre, Muringa Road (Kilimani) off Elgeyo Marakwet, on Friday 10 February from 9am to 5pm. Tea and lunch will be provided.
Participation fee is Ksh.5000 per person. Please make your payment by 5th February for ease of preparations to Mpesa Till Number 330580.
Share with 2-3 people who can benefit.
Your Friend in Biashara